Thursday, February 03, 2005

Bush's State of the Union address

I won't let terrorists wait us out: Bush

Bush’s latest SotU is chock full of the usual lies, democracy this, terrorism that, bla-blah, blah..

This one is a good one;

He said Washington was working with Britain, France and Germany to convince Tehran to give up its nuclear programs, and added: "To the Iranian people, I say tonight: As you stand for your own liberty, America stands with you."

A nice little team assembled? I don’t think so. The U.S. is on its’ own in threatening Iran with military attacks and invasion, diplomacy not being in this administration’s play book.

I wonder why Israel wasn’t cited as a fellow traveller with the U.S?

Update: from Maru;

The bSOTU transcript.
Word count:
Weapons of mass destruction = 0
Osama bin Laden = 0
Free = 6
Democracy = 8
Terrorists = 11
Freedom = 21


I wonder why Bush mentioned freedom so often?