Monday, October 03, 2005

Last gasp for JI

Phone calls may have triggered suicide bombs;

Some have speculated the attacks could have come from others seeking to destabilise the presidency of Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono or upset with massive fuel price hikes his Government has just pushed through.

Though this particular act of terrorism seems to make little sense, I doubt it is either of the above.

No doubt, Bali will suffer. I'd suggest that this is the likely goal. The Balinese are (generally speaking) the most beautiful, kind-hearted people on this earth. I feel sick for them.

Meanwhile - Phone text bomb rumours spooking expats;

"I can't rationalise my decision but we're just not going home," said Ms Werleman.

"We're definitely going to have to lay low though."


Ms Werleman will be one of the few. If you had the choice and could re-locate easily enough and not lose too much money, you'd leave.