Monday, February 06, 2006

Depicting Mohammed – A Non-Prophet Organisation



Can’t say I really understand the reaction from those few freaking out over the cartoons and the subsequent lack of a retraction or apology (apart from apologising for causing offence) from the publishers.

I’m trying to think of something that I care about so much, that if depicted in a drawing in an unflattering way, or even just depicted, I’d pop a fuse. I can’t.

My God? I am godless.
My Ipod? Nope, don’t have one.
My fresh Nikes? I don’t wear anything fresh.
My lifestyle, or way of life? Sucked in, I feel sorry that you don’t want to live like me and am glad you don’t want to cause it’ll keep the crowds down.
My freedom (or what’s left of it)? I’d be slightly annoyed and would certainly react, but not with violence.

What is wrong with these sort of freaks? Why are they so insecure? To me, it seems similar to the burning of the flag. No one is hurt, but the reactions are often violent and extreme.

Having said that, I’d like to note that it is not all Muslims who are reacting in this manner, many don’t give a sh*t (props) and most are merely annoyed and don’t support the call for beheadings and violence.

All I can say is.. f*ck religion.