Monday, January 03, 2005

The perfect pendelum

Eldery man accused of postwar revenge rampage

"Stalin picked Jews as camp commandants knowing they would show little mercy to the inmates."

"In a television interview before his death last year, Sack said: "On the first night at Swietochlowice, when the first contingent of Germans arrived, at about 10 o'clock at night he walked into one of the barracks and he said to the Germans, 'My name is Morel. I am a Jew. My mother and father, my family, I think they're all dead, and I swore that if I got out alive, I was going to get back at you Nazis. And now you're going to pay for what you did.' "

In his book, Sack, himself a Jew, describes in detail the alleged atrocities committed at the camp: "The guards put the Germans into a doghouse, beating them if they didn't say 'bow-wow'. They got the Germans to beat each other; to jump on each other's spines and to punch each other's noses, and hit the Germans so hard that they once knocked a German's glass eye out."

Guards also raped German women and trained dogs to bite off German men's genitals on command, Sack said.

The Israeli Justice Ministry said it was "in the process of examining" the extradition request."

Perpetual motion.